Northcoast Environmental Center Office Assistant-Work Study Position
Anytime Mon - Thur 9-4
Hours per Week:
10 hours per week
Employment Start Date:
Employment End Date:
Last day of WS (mid-May 2018)
Under the direction of the Administrative & Development Director, the Office Assistant helps with the day-to-day operations of the NEC through operational and administrative support.
1) Handle miscellaneous errands as needed, including picking up mail from post office box.
2) Answer phone in office, routing calls or information as needed to appropriate individual.
3) Check emails daily, delete spam, sort messages, forward relevant and important messages to ED and ADD as appropriate
4) Route incoming mail to the appropriate board member or staff to be answered or dealt with.
5) Open incoming donations and checks. Ensure that donor information is on remit envelope to provide information required for data entry into the database and copy checks.
6) Place all checks and cash into the cash box for deposit.
7) Update member and donation database, respond to donors & membership renewals (thank you notes)
8) Run all credit card donations, both monthly and through mail. Capture on-line donations in a timely manner. Print monthly credit card donation information and place in appropriate file.
9) Monthly Membership Renewal Letters
10) Produce Database reports for mailings of EcoNews, Fund appeals, invites, financial reports, etc.
11) Assist with events as needed.
12) Participate in office staff meetings. EcoNews distribution and bulk mailing, writing of articles as needed,
13) EcoNews Report Ascertainment Forms.
14) Submit time sheet with duties performed in time period by the 15th and last day of pay period and Federal Work Study paperwork. You are responsible for monitoring your Work Study hours.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Must have Federal Work-Study. Prefer someone with clerical and retail experience. Must work well with others & independently, be dependable, and have an interest in environmental issues.
By September 5th, submit resume, proof of Work Study & class schedule through one of the following methods:
1) Mail to NEC, PO Box 4259, Arcata, CA 95518, or
2) Drop off at NEC office: 415 I Street, Arcata, or
3) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org