The Northcoast Environmental Center is accepting applications for an Administrative/Development Director. This position is prefect for someone looking for part time work with flexible hours in a positive environment. Will need to work some evening and weekend hours.
Position Closes: March 1, 2020
Position Description: The Administrative/Development Director is a dynamic, goal-oriented professional who will provide leadership to the Northcoast Environmental Center (NEC) through organizational capacity building, office management, and event planning. This is a half-time position with good potential for expansion based on funding availability. Starting wage: $18-$22/hour depending on experience.
Responsibilities: The Administrative/Development Director is a member of the NEC staff working closely with and under direction of the Executive Director/Board President. The Administrative/Development Director will supervise the NEC office staff, oversee the day-to-day operations of the NEC, remain confidential in all aspects of the position, and recognizes fundraising opportunities to support the mission of the NEC through events, major donor development, membership, and grants.
Specifically, the Administrative/Development Director will:
- Manage the NEC office’s administrative operations, including supervision of NEC staff, interns and volunteers;
- Coordinate NEC events and activities such as, but not limited to, events, Coastal Clean-up, and volunteer activities;
- Manage NEC membership and major donor communications and development;
- Develop written outreach materials, including EcoNews articles and email newsletters, and use NEC social media to promote the work of the NEC and its member organizations;
- Provide support to the Board of Directors and their committees;
- Seek foundation grants to support the work of the NEC.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in administrative management and event planning
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Quickbooks or other financial software preferred
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in relevant computer programs including Word, Excel, and Google Drive with the ability to learn and use the NEC membership database and WordPress website
- Be a professional, collaborative team member with the ability to solve problems and exhibit leadership qualities.
- Minimum three years office experience
- Competent typist at 45+ WPM
View complete job description HERE.
Benefits: Six paid holidays, accrued paid vacation and sick leave, can participate in Employee Assistance Program and flexible hours.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, date available to start work, and three professional references to email@example.com.
The mission of the Northcoast Environmental Center is to promote understanding of the relations between people and the biosphere and to conserve, protect, and celebrate terrestrial, aquatic, and marine ecosystems of northern California and southern Oregon.
The Northcoast Environmental Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, military or veteran status.