This is a series of articles written by Colin Fiske of CRTP about the history of how American communities were designed for cars. These articles describe the origins of traffic laws, the criminalization of walking in the street, the rise of zoning laws that led to segregated, car-dominated communities, and more.
- The Rules of the Road. How Did We Get Here?
- The Invention of Jaywalking
- Zoning Laws and Social Injustice
- The Interstate Highway System and the Spread of Car Dominance Across the Country
- How Unscientific Parking Mandates Have Created and Enforced Car Dominance
- The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of Car-Dominated Communities