Under the direction of the Administrative and Development Director and the Coastal Programs Coordinator, the Coastal Programs Coordinator Support will be learning the day-to-day operations related to NEC’s Coastal Programs (CP) and will organize the 2019 Coastal Cleanup Day. Coastal Programs include: Coastal Cleanup Day, and Adopt-A-Beach.
- Help coordinate CP operations, such as mail correspondence, phone calls, emails, and supplies.
- Help coordinate outreach to general community through published material, various media, print and social media about NEC CP events and related issues
- Help draft content for NEC website
- Monitor work study hours and make adjustments to schedule as needed.
- Submit time sheet with duties performed in time period by the 15th and last day of pay period.
Coastal Cleanup Day:
- Help solicit sponsors for event
- Help acknowledge sponsors of event in media and other outlets
- Help co-ordinate participants in Coastal Cleanup Day
- Help give out needed supplies to participants prior to event
- Help in-put all data on the Coastal Cleanup website as required
- Help recruit Adopt-A-Beach participants
- Help co-ordinate and stay in communication with all Adopt-A-Beach participants.
- Understand NEC finance processes for paying invoices and reimbursements.
- Help produce programs-specific content for EcoNews
- Assist in review of EcoNews prior to print
- Help distribute of EcoNews locally
- Help utilize the media to keep the public informed on CP issues and accomplishments
- Assist with social media postings
Staff & Volunteer Relations:
- Help manage, motivate and inspire CP volunteers
- Meet at least bi-monthly with all NEC staff
- Assist with fundraisers as needed
- Must be an HSU student and awarded Work Study
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Availability during the school year and during the 2019 summer
- Reliable transportation
- Demonstrated skills in writing and communication
- Preferred knowledge of conservation and environmental issues, community organizing and activism
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and Google
- Good time management
- Event planning experience
Send cover letter, resume specifying relevant experience and your predicted weekly availability schedule to Casey Cruikshank, Programs Coordinator and Office Support by August 29.
Submission via email (pdf, doc) is preferred. To mail, send documents to NEC, PO Box 4259, Arcata, CA 95518 or drop off at 415 I Street, Arcata.