Calling all trash crafters and upcycling artists! Create a piece of trash art and enter to win prizes! Art submissions due Friday, July 16.
>> Art Submission Form <<
In addition to filling out the form, please email a high quality photo of your art piece to email@example.com. This photo will be posted on our social media and website for the People’s Choice Award voting.
- People’s Choice Award (Receives the most community votes)
- $100 Restaurant 511 gift card + free admission to NEC 50th Anniversary Event
- Best Upcycled Creation (Submission predominantly made from reused items)
- NEC gift basket: zero waste kit, stickers, poster + solutions gift card
- Best Litter Creation (Submission predominantly made from litter and/or marine debris)
- NEC Cleanup Kit: bucket, picker, gloves, stickers, poster
- Youth Award (Submission created by artist 12 years and under)
- Environmental Education Gift Basket: stickers, educational coloring book, nature posters
Do you need trash supplies for your art piece? The NEC will have a limited supply of beach trash available to participants at the NEC office (415 I Street, Arcata, CA). To inquire about supplies please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have useable beach trash you have collected, please consider donating it to the NEC. (Washed and sanitized trash only). Email email@example.com to coordinate a drop off.
>> People’s Choice Award <<
Vote for your favorite trash art | July 19 – 31
1 vote = $1
All proceeds benefit the NEC’s marine debris and litter reduction programs.
How To Vote:
- Click on the trash art of your choice below (photos coming soon). This will take you to a new page where you can adjust the quantity of your votes and then “Add to Cart”.
- Feel free to vote as many times as you would like and for as many art submissions as you would like.
- Once you have finished adding everything to your cart, click “View Cart” and then fill out the form to pay for your votes.