13 Environmental stories in 30 minutes – that’s the EcoNews Roundup!
For October’s EcoNews Report Roundup Larry Glass, NEC’s Executive Director, and Bella Waters, NEC’s Admin & Development Director, cover the following news stories:
4. Mercer Fraser’s Big Lagoon Asphalt Plant
5. Sensi Valley, Inc – Planning Commission approves project located on contaminated mill site in flood plain.
6. City of Arcata Public Hearing on Universal Garbage/Recycling rate increase. Note, the Public Hearing is scheduled for December 5 at 6:00pm, not Nov as stated in this article.
7. Six Rivers Aquatic Restoration draft EA available – comments accepted
8. NEC Movie Night TONIGHT!
9. California city Irvine quit using synthetic pesticides in 2016, Farm bill could block such local restrictions.
10. City of Eureka continues to use herbicides
11. Monsanto trial: judge slashes award but rejects bid to overturn landmark cancer verdict
If you have suggestions for stories to be reported on the next issue of the EcoNews Roundup, please email the NEC office.