14 Environmental stories in 30 minutes – that’s the EcoNews Roundup!
On today’s EcoNews Report Roundup Larry Glass, NEC’s Executive Director, and Bella Waters, NEC’s Admin & Development Director, cover the following news stories:
1. Cher-Ae Heights Casino: Proposed Six Story Hotel on Scenic Drive in Trinidad. Could be seen from as far away as Eureka!
2. Planning Commission Approves Mercer Fraser Asphalt Plant Near Big Lagoon
3. BREAKING NEWS from EPIC – some good news!
4. Coastal Cleanup Day update
5. East-West Train and the current political angle
6. Eureka City Council and Mayoral Candidate Forum at Labor Temple Sunday & Monday Sept 30 & Oct 1 6-8.
7. City of Arcata researching a ban on single-use plastics.
11. Thawing arctic lakes are bubbling methane,
12. A groundbreaking Hurricane Florence study could change how we think about climate
13. Super Typhoon Mangkhut rips through Philippines
14. County promises climate change action
If you have suggestions for stories to be reported on the next issue of the EcoNews Roundup, please email the NEC office.