16 Environmental stories in 30 minutes – that’s the EcoNews Roundup!
For November’s EcoNews Report Roundup Larry Glass, NEC’s Executive Director, and Bella Waters, NEC’s Admin & Development Director, cover the following news stories:
1. Elections – East/West Train and Harbor Development candidates were defeated
2. Mercer Fraser hash lab projects – Willow Creek and Mad River
3. Sensi Valley – Friends of the Eel River and Humboldt Baykeeper filed an appeal of the Humboldt County Planning Commission’s decision to approve the Sensi Valley project in the floodplain of the Van Duzen River
11. Tom Steyer and the link between hate groups and climate denial
12. Crab Fishers Sue Fossil Fuel Industry over Climate Change Damage
13. Supreme Court refuses to block young people’s climate lawsuit against U.S. governments
14. Global Warming Is Messing with the Jet Stream. That Means More Extreme Weather.
15. The UN’s Devastating Climate Change Report Was Too Optimistic
16. Natural Climate Solutions Could Cancel Out a Fifth of U.S. Emissions
If you have suggestions for stories to be reported on the next issue of the EcoNews Roundup, please email the NEC office.