Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 Semesters
The Northcoast Environmental Center (NEC) is offering an Environmental Education Internship for the Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 school year (October – May). The goal is to ensure high quality, hands-on learning experiences about the Northcoast bioregion and NEC’s coastal programs for school age children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing educational materials and curriculum appropriate for use in both K-8 schools, as well as the general public
- Modifying and utilizing the NEC’s watershed diorama for use in classrooms and other community centers
- Coordinating and leading classroom presentations and programs
- Maintaining program supplies, materials and spaces
- Attend and assist with NEC events
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Availability during the Fall 2019 & Spring 2020 semesters
- Demonstrated skills in writing and communication
- To receive internship credit, must be an HSU student
- Preferred knowledge of conservation and environmental issues, community organizing and activism
Hours per week will vary, but 90 hours are expected for the duration of the internship and for internship credit. Most work will be done during the week, though some weekends will be expected for special events. HSU course credit might be available depending on your department offerings, so please consult with your faculty advisor.
Applications are due September 23, 2019. Email resume with relevant experience and skills, a letter of recommendation, and your predicted weekly availability to [email protected]