Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 Semesters
The Northcoast Environmental Center (NEC) is offering an EcoNews Internship for the Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 school year (October – May). The NEC publishes EcoNews, an environmental newspaper, on a bi-monthly basis. EcoNews has been published for over 45 years and is one of the country’s oldest bioregional environmental publications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and submit 4-6 approved and completed articles, under the direction of the EcoNews editor, for publication in EcoNews and/or the NEC website during internship.
- Assist with proofreading and editing of submitted articles.
- Assist with layout of EcoNews using Adobe InDesign.
- Creation of ads and other graphic materials for publication.
- Assist with other EcoNews production tasks as interest and needs provide.
- Experience updating website content helpful
- Attend and assist with NEC events
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Availability during the Fall 2019 & Spring 2020 semesters
- Demonstrated skills in writing and communication
- To receive internship credit, must be an HSU student
- Preferred knowledge of conservation and environmental issues, community organizing and activism
Hours per week will vary, but 90 hours are expected for the duration of the internship and for internship credit. Most work will be done during the week, though some weekends will be expected for special events. HSU course credit might be available depending on your department offerings, so please consult with your faculty advisor.
Applications are due September 23, 2019. Email resume with relevant experience and skills, a letter of recommendation, and your predicted weekly availability to email@example.com