- Acronym for 1986 act that provides assistance to local communities in protecting the public health from chemical hazards.
- The ______ Prevention Act: Passed in 1990, focused on source reduction of pollution.
- The Safe _______ Water Act: Passed in 1974, Allows the EPA to establish purity standards for sources of drinking water.
- The Clean ____Act: Passed in 1977, makes it unlawful to discharge any pollutant from a source point into navigable waters
- Acronym for the 1980 act that creates a federal ‘Superfund’ to clean up or remove pollutants and hazardous materials.
- Acronym for 1969 act that ensures the govt researches potential env. effects before undertaking any major federal action.
- The Clean ____ Act: Passed in 1970, contains detailed provisions that regulate air emissions from various sources.
- The ______ Species Act: Passed in 1973, to protect, and hopefully repopulate, threatened or endangered species.
- Acronym for 1970 act concerned with workplace safety such as the use of hazardous substances in the workplace.