Anytime Mon – Thur 9-3, must be available some evenings and weekends for events
Hours per Month:
20 hours per month
Employment Start Date:
Week of February 2, 2020
Employment End Date:
Last dayof Work Study (mid-May 2020)
Under the direction of the Administrative & Development Director, Office Support helps with the day-to-day operations of the NEC through operational, administrative and event support.
1) Assist with events and community outreach.
2) Handle miscellaneous errands and tasks as needed, including picking up mail from post office box, office supplies, art projects, etc.
3) Answer phone in office, routing calls or information as needed to appropriate individual.
4) Monthly Membership Renewal Letters
5) Help manage our Zero Waste lending library.
6) Monitor NEC emails and update community calendar.
7) Participate in office staff meetings.
8) Assist with EcoNews distribution and bulk mailing, writing of articles as needed,
9) Submit time sheet with duties performed in time period by the 15th and last day of pay period and Federal Work Study paperwork. You are responsible for monitoring your Work Study hours.
1. Must have Federal Work-Study.
1. Must have a valid driver’s license and have auto insurance, if applicable
2. Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines, plus work both independently and as part of a team
3. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive; Experience with WordPress a plus
4. Demonstrated skills in writing and communication
5. Be dependable
6. Interest in conservation and environmental issues, community organizing and activism
7. Familiarity with social media applications (Facebook, Instagram)
8. Strong attention to detail & pride in your work
9. Able to lift 25 lbs and sit/stand for long period of times.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
By January 21st, submit proof of Work Study award, resume & class schedule through one of the following methods:
1) Mail to NEC, PO Box 4259, Arcata, CA 95518, or
2) Drop off at NEC office: 415 I Street, Arcata, or
3) Email to email@example.com