We’re hiring a part-time Office Assistant! This is a great opportunity to get involved with your local environmental center.
Hours: 20 hours a week. most to occur when office is open (Monday 9-1; Tuesday – Thursdays 9-3pm) Plus some weekend and evening hours for events.
Pay rate: $12/hour, raise after 90 days
POSITION PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Administrative & Development Director, the Office Assistant helps with the day to day operations of the NEC through operational, administrative and event coordination support.
Specific Tasks: Handle miscellaneous errands as needed, including picking up mail from post office box. Answer phone in office. Route incoming mail. Process and maintain membership records and payment. Prepare mailing lists. Participate in office staff meetings.
Community Outreach: Determine most appropriate outreach events for NEC to attend. Gather necessary supplies for tabling box. Recruit volunteers to assist with tabling. Update community outreach event tracking spreadsheet after each event. Coordinate the following events: Birdathon and All Species Parade
EcoNews: Produce programs-specific content for EcoNews. Assist in review of EcoNews prior to print. Solicit EcoNews advertisers. Help coordinate distribution of EcoNews locally and out of area.
Media: Assist with creation and sending of action alerts. Assist with Facebook & Instagram and other web updates as directed. Update website as needed.
Staff & Volunteer Relations: Manage, motivate and inspire volunteers and interns. Assist with fundraisers and other events as needed.
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines, plus work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive; Experience with WordPress a plus
- Demonstrated skills in writing and communication
- Preferred knowledge of conservation and environmental issues, community organizing and activism
- Familiarity with social media applications (Facebook, Instagram)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have auto insurance
- Strong attention to detail & pride in your work
- Able to lift 25 lbs and sit/stand for long period of times.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume specifying relevant experience, three professional references and your predicted weekly availability schedule to Bella Waters, Administrative & Development Director by April 30, 2019.
Submission via email (pdf, doc) is preferred. To mail, send documents to NEC, PO Box 4259, Arcata, CA 95518 or drop off at 415 I Street, Arcata.