Will Humboldt be the site of the West Coast’s first offshore wind energy project?
Redwood Coast Energy Authority’s Executive Director Matthew Marshall discusses the agency’s proposal for 10-15 floating wind turbines 20-30 miles west of Humboldt Bay. The project is in the early stages and will require numerous studies to examine potential impacts to whales and other marine mammals, seabirds, fish and commercial fishing, and scenic views.
Redwood Coast Energy Authority will hold two public meetings to introduce the concept, answer questions, and gather public input:
- Monday, March 5 – Samoa Social Club 4-7pm
- Tuesday, March 6 – Plaza View Room 4-7pm
For more information:
- Redwood Coast Energy Authority
- Schatz Energy Research Center at Humboldt State University
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s Wind Energy Commercial Leasing Process