The Northcoast Environmental Center (NEC) is offering a Special Projects Internship for the spring. The NEC is one of the country’s oldest bioregional environmental organizations and manages several coastal programs, produces a bi-month newspaper and hosts EcoNews Report every Thursday on KHSU.
Hours per week will vary, but 60 hours are expected for the duration of the internship and for internship credit. Most work will be done during the week, though some weekends will be expected for outreach events. HSU course credit might be available depending on your department offerings, so please consult with your faculty advisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing, planning and advertising of new programs, events and projects
- Recruit donations and sponsorships for new programs, events and projects
- Conduct weekly social media updates by creating info graphics, creating and hanging posters, and posting to social media
- Table at various outreach events, including Arts Arcata, and Godwit Days
- Meet weekly with the Office Assistant
- Present at the end of their internship to NEC board and staff on their accomplishments and lessons learned
- Must be an HSU student to receive internship credit
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Demonstrated skills in writing and communication
- Preferred knowledge of conservation and environmental issues, community organizing and activism
Send cover letter, resume specifying relevant experience and your predicted weekly availability schedule to Rhiannon Lewis-Stephenson, Office Assistant.
Submission via email (pdf, doc) is preferred: email@example.com
By US Mail:
Northcoast Environmental Center
PO Box 4259
Arcata, CA 95518