Coastal Cleanup Month is one of the largest cleanup events of the year. The Northcoast Environmental Center (NEC) is Humboldt County’s Coastal Cleanup Coordinator and each year we inspire hundreds of volunteers to pick up thousands of pounds of trash around our community. This September, community members will have the opportunity to participate in cleanups every weekend of the month for a chance to win prizes and collect valuable data on local trash patterns.
Here at the NEC we work on a shoestring budget and succeed only with determination, devotion, and aid from great volunteers. For 50 years, the NEC has served as a vital hub for information and programs that involve, inform, and inspire residents with regard to environmental issues that matter most on California’s North Coast. From watershed awareness to climate action to beach cleanups the NEC has been at the forefront for all of us.
Donate online or mail a check to PO Box 4259, Arcata, CA 95518. Please make checks payable to “NEC” with the subject “Coastal Cleanup Month.”
Coastal Cleanup Month 2022
Snowy Plover Sponsor: $25 to $500 and in-kind donations
- EcoNews recognition: Name or logo in the October issue of EcoNews thanking you for donating.
- Social media recognition: Name or logo on our Facebook and Instagram pages thanking you for donating.
- Website Recognition: Name or logo on the NEC Coastal Cleanup Day website page for one year.
- Sticker: A locally-printed Coastal Cleanup Day sticker with artwork by local artist Mir de Silva.
Gray Whale Sponsor: Donations $500+
- All benefits of the Snowy Plover sponsor level
- EcoNews Ad: Three free Godwit sized ads (3.2″ w x 1.85″ t) in our monthly EcoNews publication.
- Posters: Name or logo on posters placed at key locations throughout the county (Sponsorship must received by August 1st)