Interested in volunteering?
- Fill out our NEC Volunteer Signup Form.
- Already a volunteer? Fill out our NEC Volunteer Liability waiver.
- Trash Trackers
Join our group of volunteer citizen scientists who are dedicated to cleaning our community: anytime, anywhere.
- Adopt-a-Beach & Block – Want to take your cleanup commitment to the next level? Join our Adopt-A-Block or Adopt-A-Beach program and commit to cleaning a beloved neighborhood route or your favorite beach at least once a month.
- Coastal Cleanup Day – Take part in the world’s largest cleanup event: Coastal Cleanup Day. Every year in September thousands of volunteers around the world get out and clean their communities.
- Trash-a-thon – Celebrate Earth Week with citizen science, direct-action activism, and fundraising for you favorite non-profit, the NEC! Anyone can volunteer. Leading up to the day of your cleanup, volunteers are encouraged to collect pledges (donations) from their family and friends for each piece of trash picked up.
- Activate NEC: Community Action Group – Join our bi-weekly zoom meeting to take your community activism to the next level. We invite you to join us for 30 minutes to quickly learn about a local issue of concern, and then take action by calling you representative, writing a letter, sending an email, posting on social media, signing petitions, and more.
- Action Alerts: Sign up for our email list and get alerts for upcoming events, action items and other news right in your inbox.
- EcoNews Distribution – We need your help to get EcoNews out to our readers! Deliver copies of EcoNews to locations convenient to you! EcoNews is published every month and we need your help to keep the paper in stock around the region. Email email@example.com to volunteer.
- EcoNews Production – Interested in journalism or print production? Help get EcoNews ready for print! Write, edit, and proofread articles (good writing skills required and experience with google drive). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Graphic Design & Photography – Create a variety of graphics or provide photographs for use on our website, social media, and print materials including EcoNews. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, or photography required. Email email@example.com to learn more.
Join the Board!
We’re looking to fill a few Board Member seats. If you’re passionate about the environment and NEC’s longevity, plus have time to participate in six meetings per year, attend some special events and assist with fundraising, please considering applying! Complete NEC Board Application Form and email it today.
- Outreach/Volunteer Coordinator – Help us herd our cats! Well, we don’t really have cats, but we could use some help coordinating volunteers and spreading the word about our events. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Assistance – The NEC has regular fundraisers, movie nights, and other fun events. To volunteer your time email email@example.com
For more information about any of these opportunities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our NEC Volunteer Signup Form.
We look forward to hearing from you!