Flexible, must be available during some weekday hours for regularly scheduled meetings, and completing office-related tasks.
Hours per Month:
20 hours per month
Employment Start Date:
Employment End Date:
Last day of Work Study (December 22, 2021)
Under the direction of the Administrative and Development Director, Office and Event Support staff helps with the day-to-day operations of the NEC through operational, administrative, and event support.
- Assist with events and community outreach
- Handle miscellaneous errands and tasks as needed, including picking up mail from post office box, office supplies, art projects, etc
- Check voicemail, routing messages or information as needed to appropriate individual
- Monthly Membership Renewal Letters
- Help manage our Zero Waste lending library
- Monitor NEC emails and update community calendar
- Participate in office staff meetings
- Assist with EcoNews distribution and bulk mailing, writing of articles as needed
- Submit time sheet with duties performed in time period by the 15th and last day of pay period and Federal Work Study paperwork. You are responsible for monitoring your Work Study hours.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Must have Federal Work-Study.
- Must have a valid drivers license and have auto insurance, if applicable
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines, plus work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Google Drive; Experience with WordPress a plus
- Demonstrated skills in writing and communication
- Must be dependable
- Interest in conservation and environmental issues, community organizing and activism
- Familiarity with social media applications (Facebook, Instagram)
- Strong attention to detail; pride in your work
- Able to lift 25 lbs and sit/stand for long period of times
By September 15th, submit proof of Work Study award, resume, cover letter, and class schedule to email@example.com.